This project management online training program will help you improve your knowledge and skills in project management and prepare you for the next step in your professional development, including certification as a project management professional.
- Understanding the nine knowledge areas of project management.
- Knowing the steps required to plan and manage a project.
- Using the primary planning documents for a project.
- Understanding the characteristics of a project and its deliverables.
- Knowing the most common phases of a project lifecycle and the typical project management tasks associated with each.
- Understand the latest PMBOK edition and the pm principles covered by the PMP exam objectives.
This course covers the following subject matter:
- Project Integration Management Knowledge Area.
- Project Scope Management Knowledge Area.
- Project Time Management Knowledge Area.
- Project Cost Management Knowledge Area.
- Project Quality Management Knowledge Area.
- Project Human Resource Management Knowledge Area.
- Project Communications Management Knowledge Area.
- Project Risk Management Knowledge Area.
- Project Procurement Management.
- Initiating Process Groups.
- Planning Process Groups.
- Executing Process Groups.
- Monitoring & controlling Process Groups.
- Closing Process Groups.
Chapter 1: Introduction to Project Management
- Introduction to Project Management Principles.
- Project management and operations management.
- Roles and responsibilities of the Project Manager.
- Enterprise environmental factors.
Chapter 2: Project Life Cycle and Organization
- What is the project life cycle?
- Projects vs. Operational work.
- Project stakeholders management.
- Organizational influences on project management.
Chapter 3: Project Management Processes for a Project
Chapter 4: Project Integration Management Knowledge Area
- Develop project charter process.
- Develop project management plan process.
- Direct and manage project execution process.
- Monitor and control project work process.
- Perform integrated change control process.
- Close project or phase process
Chapter 5: Project Scope Management Knowledge Area
- Collect requirements process.
- Define scope process.
- Create Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) process.
- Verify scope process
- Control scope process
Chapter 6: Project Time Management Knowledge Area
- Define activities process.
- Sequence activities process.
- Estimate activity resources process.
- Estimate activity durations process.
- Develop schedule process.
- Control schedule process.
Chapter 7: Project Cost Management Knowledge Area
Chapter 8: Project Quality Management Knowledge Area
- Plan quality process.
- Perform quality assurance process.
- Perform quality control process.
- Quality management and process improvement approaches.
- Organizational quality.
Chapter 9: Project Human Resource Management Knowledge Area
- Develop human resource plan process.
- Acquire project team process.
- Develop project team process.
- Manage project team process.
- Workgroups and teams.
- Project leadership.
Chapter 10: Project Communications Management Knowledge Area
- Identify stakeholders process.
- Plan communications process.
- Distribute information process.
- Manage stakeholder expectations process.
- Report performance process.
- Communication models.
- Communication channels.
- Forming the message.
- Communication methods.
Chapter 11: Project Risk Management Knowledge Area
- Plan risk management process.
- Risk Identification Process
- Perform qualitative risk analysis process.
- Perform quantitative risk analysis process.
- Plan risk responses process.
- Monitor and control risks process.
- Risk tolerance.
- Risk roles and responsibilities.
Chapter 12: Project Procurement Management Knowledge Area
- Plan procurements process.
- Conduct procurements process.
- Administer procurements process.
- Close procurements process.
- Buyer and seller roles.
“PMI,” “PMP,” “Project Management Professional” and “PMBOK” are registered certification marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc. in the United States and other nations. Although we made every effort to ensure accuracy and completeness of information contained in this book, we can assume no responsibility for errors, inaccuracies, omissions, or inconsistencies contained herein.